Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mothers Day

Mother's Day this year was extra special.  As I watched my son running around the yard I realized just how much he has grown.  I never knew being a mom could bring so much joy. The past few months has brought many extraordinary people into my life.  I spend time watching parents meeting their beautiful babies for the first time and I long for that moment myself.  As a mother I already have an appreciation for the woman who will one day give birth to our little girl.  

Like most parents Eric and I wonder what our child will look like.  We are planning on how to prepare our son to be a big brother, how to decorate her room, and all of the frilly little dresses we will buy.  But unlike other expectant parents, we pray for a child who may or may not be born yet who is living half way around the world. Unlike other parents we are wondering if our child is eating enough or if she is sleeping in a warm bed somewhere tonight.  

Some of you are probably wondering what has prompted us to adopt. We
believe we were clearly directed by God to adopt and we are elated and thrilled
to obey Him. We desire to provide a little girl with a loving family who would otherwise not have family. We listened to that still small voice that was prompting us, demanding us, to jump out in faith and bring our sweet girl home. This journey is complicated and long, but the end result is worth all the lies ahead.  

To all the Mommies out there, Happy Mother's Day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment