Tuesday, May 24, 2011

There's a Peace I've Come to Know

For the first time in months I have a calm sense of relief.  A peace that is only from God.  Since deciding to adopt we have been faced with some issues and decisions that were difficult.  This process is not for the faint of heart.  After praying and finally deciding on the Congo, today I breathed a sigh of relief as I watched our application hit the mail.  This evening, after I got my son to sleep and had time to reflect, I was filled with peace.  I felt as if God was telling me, "I've got this." I have no more "what ifs" and "how am I's," all I have is a still small voice whispering, " Be still, I am here." I didn't think I would ever get to this point.  I am a self professed worry wart, this is not my style. Today, more than any other day, I know this is His will and all will work out according to His plan.  

Today I started reading the book Radical by David Platt.  I recommend this to any Christian, or anyone for that matter.  It will open your eyes.  I look forward to finishing it and will keep you up to date on my thoughts and reflections.  Please continue to pray for us as we continue on our adoption journey.  

Tara    

No comments:

Post a Comment