Wednesday, June 8, 2011

My Own Little World

I just opened my inbox to see the following message: Welcome to the OWAS Congo Program! Our official letter stating we are accepted.  I didn't know I would be so happy.  I am constantly amazed at how great our God is.  I was listening to the radio this morning and heard the following message: "Instead of telling God how big all of your mountains are, tell your mountains how big your God is." So financial barrier, my God is greater than you! I just printed off 32 pages of documents that we must sign and send back along with a $3,200 check to the agency.  Then we must pay our homestudy agency $1400 and Dept. of Homeland Security another $890.  For those of you who lost count that is a whopping $5490.  This does not include the costs of the dossier translation and fees.  


If you feel so inclined please check our fundraising tab.  We are taking pre-orders for Tshirts and Tote bags. Please continue to pray for our family as we continue on our journey to our little girl! 

4 comments:

  1. Hi. We are on almost the same journey as you. We also signed on with AWAA's Ethiopia program in January. We have changed to DRC after finding a little girl on a wait list that we are trying to adopt. We are waiting on her medical file to officially accept her referral. Our director says it will be here "shortly" Who knows what that means in adoption terms. I am wondering if you undated your homestudy yet. Were you able to use your AWAA social worker? Our social worker just gave birth to a premie and I am not sure how to go about updating. my email is chadkati at gmail dot com. I would love to get to know you better. Our blog is thecrazyyear.blogspot.com I have not updated with our country change as we are waiting to inform some family until we officially accept the referral.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog. We, too, started out with Ethiopia. We have been on the waiting list for 16 months for siblings, but now have decided to also apply to the DRC program. We're with Wide Horizons for Children, and they have a pilot program in DRC. Excited to be starting the process, and we'll just wait and see what happens first for us. Congrats on being accepted to the program - what a huge step!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! It is so nice to hear from people int he DRC program! Please keep me updated on your process!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! We're applying to OWAS to the Congo program too. Looking forward to reading about your adventures :)

    ReplyDelete