Thursday, October 11, 2012

Mercy

I've been sitting with a blank screen for about 5 minutes.  I know what I want to say, I just don't know how to write it.  Since Tuesday we have been overjoyed with our news.  As each day ends we are one step closer to bringing our boy home.  With that comes a price tag.  Some see it as a ransom.  And it kind of is. An orphan's ransom.  He did not ask to be an orphan. He did not ask to be born into poverty. We saw a need and we acted.  Can you act too?

Our sweet baby boy is waiting for his mommy and daddy to come and bring him home.  Many people ask us what will happen if we get a court date and we do not have the funds to travel.  To be honest I am not going there.  I cannot allow myself to think about that.  I have given that to God, and I know His plans are far better than mine.  With that being said, we have a huge need friends.  Isaiah is sick.  He needs to come home to the USA for lots of love and good medical care.  We are blessed with great medical insurance and a loving family.  We just need the money for our airline tickets.  So I'm going to ask a favor of you.  Many people feel that their small donation cannot make a difference. But it can friends.  I have seen families raise $5000, literally one dollar at a time.  We need $3000 more to have our tickets paid for. That's 300 friends donating $10, or6 00 friends donating $5.  Maybe you can only donate one dollar, that adds up.  Can you do without a Pumpkin Spice Latte or a double cheeseburger.  That $3000 of course does not take into consideration that Eric will not be paid for the time off, or the money it will cost in country. 

For the next week I am going to be sharing this blog post and asking that people share via facebook.  Make a donation using the donation button on this site.  Share and ask your friends to donate.  You are changing a life.  And you just might be saving a life.

Lyrics from One Less by Matthew West

We are called to the widows and the orphans
But it's easy to ignore their silent cries
Oh, but every single time somebody reaches into the darkness
Makes a choice to help the helpless, we let mercy save a life.

Please help us change the world for one!


PS.  We are now signed up for ShebaMiles through Ethiopian Air.  If you are reading this and feel led we could use some donated miles!

~Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment