Friday, November 30, 2012

I saw what I saw...

We only have a few hours left in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.  To say it has been an eye opening trip would be to diminish our feelings.  We were in love with Ethiopia before we ever set foot here.  It's our son's birth country, but this place is so beautiful.  The people are amazing.  To say that I experience culture shock would also be minor.  After I was able to get over the enormity of their poverty and let God lead me, I fell in love.  So, here are some things I'm going to mis...

1.  The shepherd and his herd of goats walking up and down the street in front of the guest house.
2.  The many friends we have met here.
3.  The faces of the smiling children running towards us every day. 
4.  The shoe shine boys on the street behind our guest house.  It has been a pleasure to serve them, to show them the love of Christ.
5. The horns blowing in traffic.
6.  The morning prayers at the Orthodox church.
7.  The beautiful mountain landscape.
8.  Our son, Isaiah Biruk Wilkins.  You have made our family complete, and I cannot wait until the day I bring you home for good. 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Ethiopia is an amazing place. Sometimes I literally get sick to my stomach when I think about our time there because I miss it SO much. I CANNOT wait to go back. Congrats again on a beautiful son!

    ReplyDelete